It's time to do some spring cleaning of your tech world - especially related to maximizing the efficiency of your Internet connection.
In this podcast episode, we talk to Michele Gilbert from Comcast, who shares some very practical tips for everyone - no matter who their Internet provo\ider may be - that will help thei eke out every bit of connectivity speed possible.
Most people aren’t aware of all the value-add features available to them from their video, Internet and phone provider. What are they and where can you find them?
· Your Internet service provider might already offer online security products at no additional charge. Are you taking advantage of them?
· There are ways to ensure your home Wi-Fi is set up to give you the most robust signal strength and speed. Is your router located in right spot?
· The number of connected devices in your home and how you’re using them can impact your Internet performance. Most people don’t even realize how many of their devices connect to the Internet. How many do you have?· Figure out where in your house you use wireless most often and put the router within a clean line of site to that room.
· A central location off the ground and out in the open is ideal.
· Avoid putting your router on the floor, in a remote corner of the house, or near a window or other electronics, as it could impact signal strength.
· Also, keep your router away from a fish tank. Wireless signals don’t pass well through water.
· If in doubt, conduct a speed test to ensure you’re getting the speeds for which you’re paying.